These healthy no-bake peanut butter energy bites are a peanut lover’s dream! Especially since they’re vegan, gluten-free and have no added sugar!
I have a confession.
I have a secret love affair with peanut butter.
It’s been going on for years now.
It’s something that I haven’t told many people about.
My boyfriend knows about it.
It was tough to reveal it to him.
At first he took it really hard.
But it was something that I had to do.
Because of this intense passion that I have for peanut butter, I try to integrate it into many of my recipes.
I just can’t help myself.
Peanut butter just has to be part of my day.
My latest obsession are these Peanut Butter Energy Bites.
Oh. My. Goodness.
If you’re a peanut butter lover, this one is for you.
These bites have this amazing combo of sweet and salty.
My mouth is watering.
As decadent as it sounds, this little treat is completely guilt-free.
There’s no added sugar, as it naturally sweetened with dates.
These bites are also a great source of healthy fats and protein from the peanuts and peanut butter.
What is not to love about these nutty little balls?
I served these little bites up a couple of weeks ago at the store when I was doing a cooking demonstration (or in this case a no-bake energy ball demonstration).
This little girl came up to me with her dad to try one of the little bites. She looked to be about 3 or so, and was just the cutest little thing ever.
She was wearing a frilly little dress with pink crocs.
She started slowly nibbling on the peanut butter bite, peanuts from the topping flying everywhere.
I could tell that she was really enjoying it.
Next thing I knew, she had plopped her little bum down on the grocery store floor, peanut butter bite in one hand and a look of determination.
It looked like she was trying to dig something out of her shoe.
I asked her with a smirk on my face, “Did you get a peanut in your shoe??”
She looked at me, smiled, and said, “Yup. There’s a peanut in my shoe.”
“Silly little peanut.”
It was the cutest thing.
So if you happen to be eating one of these balls, and feel a little chunk of something in your shoe, it might just be a peanut ;)
But it will be totally worth the temporary discomfort! :)
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Chopped unsalted peanuts
- *Soak the dates in water for about 20 minutes to soften them
- Place the peanuts, sea salt, protein powder (if using) into a food processor and blend until it forms a crumbly texture. Next, add the dates and peanut butter.
- Pulse until mixture is well combined.
- Add water (if necessary) until the mixture is slightly sticky (sticky enough to form a ball).
- Place mixture in the fridge until it firms up (usually requires about 20 minutes).
- Roll into balls with approximately 1 ½ inch diameter. Roll in chopped peanuts if desired.
- Store in refrigerator for a couple of weeks, or place in freezer for up to three months.