Hi there! My name is Elysia and I’m a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Nutrition and the recipe developer, food photographer, taste tester and content creator at Haute & Healthy Living.
What started as a general lifestyle blog has now evolved into a website that focuses primarily on easy and delicious recipes for busy people with minimally processed ingredients.
I used to post a whole array of different recipes including random kitchen experiments, but since becoming a mom to two little ones, my focus has narrowed down to easy recipes that require minimal time and simple ingredients.
I also like to include kid-friendly recipes and recipes for baby-led weaning that are always tested and approved first by own little taste testers!
Due to the popularity of these recipes, I’ve also recently started a second site called Healthy Kids Recipes with lots of kid-friendly recipes, meal ideas and practical feeding tips!
I don’t prescribe to any particular diet as I believe eating is all about finding that healthy balance.
That being said, I do include different dietary labels on recipes to help those who do choose to follow a particular way of eating identify suitable recipes.
Fun Facts About Me
- I went on a French exchange program in grade 10 where I lived with a French family for 6 weeks. It was overall a really good experience but when I returned home, I didn’t feel too great. At that time, I started delving into researching more about nutrition and fitness to help myself feel better. And that’s when my passion for healthy living was born!
- While most people expect my favourite food to be crazy healthy because I’m a Dietitian, my actual favourite food is a big juicy burger…and rich fudgey cake. It’s a toss up between the two. Gotta keep the balance!
- I eat oatmeal or some variation of oatmeal for breakfast every day. That’s right. Every single day. I’ve tried branching out and trying something different, but I always wish I had my oatmeal instead. Some might call me an “oatmeal addict.”
My Eating Philosophy
I like to follow an 80/20 approach where 80% of the time, I try to consume wholesome foods that will nourish my body, while the other 20% of the time, I allow for the occasional indulgence (like burgers, cake and ice cream)!
While I love following a healthy lifestyle, I don’t believe in deprivation so I try to keep that healthy balance on a daily basis.
I’m a Registered Dietitian with a Masters degree in Applied Nutrition. I worked as a retail dietitian for eight years conducting one-on-one nutrition consultations, grocery store tours, and food and cooking demonstrations.
Throughout the years, I’ve also taken some culinary classes to improve my knowledge surrounding food and cooking and have, of course, done lots of experimenting in the kitchen!
My work has been featured on a number of sites and in various publications including Shape Magazine, Country Living Magazine, Southern Living Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, Buzzfeed, Huff Post, among many more!
Keep In Touch
If you have any questions at all, would like to collaborate or just want to say hi, please feel free to leave a comment, connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram or email me at [email protected]. I’ll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes and updates to your inbox!
Thanks so much for reading and following along!