These gorgeous virgin spiced pomegranate sparklers are healthy, festive and a great non-alcoholic option! A must-try for the holiday season!
Christmas is officially in full swing for me!
This past weekend, all of the decorations went up at Matt’s place.
The tree, the mantel, and the lights.
I’m pretty sure we’re all set for Christmas…now all we need is the food!
I’ve been brainstorming new Christmas meal ideas like crazy, and this week I decided to focus on beverages.
I’m not gonna lie, but I’m not really into alcohol. Call me crazy, but I’ve just never been a big fan of it.
So my beverage options at Christmas are pretty limited.
Generally, I like to stick to sparkling water, but even that can get a little boring at times.
SO I decided to make my sparkling water a little more festive with this Spiced Pomegranate Sparkler.
Doesn’t it just scream Christmas?!
And I swear…it smells like it too! When you boil the pomegranate juice with the cinnamon stick, it creates this amazing aroma.
I think my favourite part about this drink are the pretty ice cubes with pomegranate arils and rosemary. The rosemary reminds me of Christmas trees, and the red juicy pomegranate seeds add a nice burst of flavour….and antioxidants!
Plus, this beverage is fairly low in calories and contains no added sugar. Just the natural sugar from the pomegranate juice and arils.
It’s not overly sweet, which I prefer, as I find too much sweetness tends to be a bit sickening, especially with all of the other holiday goodies!
The taste and look of it actually reminds me of a glass of red wine.
Soooo take note…
If you have any non-alcohol-drinkers at your Christmas party, you could definitely serve them up some of this beverage.
It’s so refreshing and pretty, they won’t even miss the alcohol!
More similar recipes
- Strawberry Mocktail Spritzer
- Spinach, Orange & Pomegranate Salad
- Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Kale Quinoa Salad
Spiced Pomegranate Sparkler
- 2 cups 100% pure pomegranate juice no sugar added
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups sparkling mineral water
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils the seeds of the pomegranate
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- Evenly distribute ¼ cup of the pomegranate seeds in an ice cube tray, reserving the rest for garnish. Cut little equal sprigs of rosemary and place in ice cube tray along with pomegranate seeds. Fill ice cube tray to the brim with water and place in freezer until frozen.
- In a small saucepan, heat pomegranate juice to near boiling, add cinnamon sticks, and simmer for 10 minutes. The mixture will reduce in volume. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely, at least 1 hour. Remove cinnamon sticks. Divide the spiced juice between 4 tall glasses; add 1 cup sparkling mineral water to each glass. Stir, and add pomegranate rosemary ice cubes. Garnish with additional pomegranate seeds, if desired.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)