These pulled crockpot BBQ Chicken sandwiches are full of flavour and only take 15 minutes to prepare. A quick, easy and healthy meal for those busy days!
I love cooking.
Especially when I feel super inspired, have a great recipe that I want to make, and have the time and energy to cook.
But I’m going to be really honest here.
On some days, I prefer to have a slow cooker do the cooking for me.
Especially on those really busy days, where I’m just running around like a crazy person, and get home and feel completely drained.
I can always tell when I’m going to have one of those days.
And that’s when the slow cooker comes out of the cupboard.
I was having one of those days last week.
I slept in a little later than I wanted to.
Then, of course, I was rushing out the door to go to the gym before work.
Next I had to go to work.
After work, I had to run some errands and go to a hair appointment.
Dinner prep was just not going to happen.
So I knew that it was time to whip up some of my Pulled BBQ chicken.
Nothing is better than preparing a meal the night before and having it ready for dinner the next day.
Especially if it’s a dinner that is flavourful and only takes 15 minutes to prepare!
And what I love the most about pulled chicken is that you don’t have to spend all that time picking out the fat like you would with pulled pork.
Just prep. Cook. Shred.
To make it super easy, just top it up on a whole grain bun or brown rice or quinoa if you prefer. And if you’re really prepared, make up a batch of this Creamy Cranberry & Walnut Coleslaw in advance to serve with it.
See wasn’t that easy?
The only major issue I have is smelling that aroma all day long while it it’s cooking.
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 four oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups lower sodium tomato sauce
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 8 whole-grain hamburger buns
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in the crockpot and mix thoroughly. Add chicken breasts and spoon sauce over chicken to cover.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, transfer to a bowl or plate (leaving BBQ sauce in the crockpot).
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Return the chicken to the crockpot and let cook for another 5-10 min.
Recipe adapted from eatingwell.com
Love this recipe? Pin for later!