These pina colada overnight oats are a healthy and tropical way to start the day. With the fresh flavours of pineapple and coconut, you’ll swear you’re on the beach! Can be made the night before for an easy protein & fibre packed breakfast!
Summer is right around the corner WOOHOO!!!
It’s about time.
Where I live, winters are long.
I swear my neighbourhood is like the North Pole.
I’m pretty sure Santa could be my neighbour.
We just get sooo much snow. It could be snowing nowhere else in the world, but up on the hill where we live, it always seems to be a blizzard. And it takes FOREVER to melt.
So. When I start to see any remote signs of summer, I instantly start dreaming of warmth and sunshine and beaches.
I also instantly start craving summery food.
You know, like BBQ’s, fresh salads, and pina colada’s.
Several weeks ago, I was preparing for a class making my famous vanilla berry overnight oats, (which I will eventually get around to posting), and I started day dreaming about summer vacations and pina coladas.
It hit me.
I should make Pina Colada Overnight Oats!
And boy, am I glad I did.
What’s awesome about this recipe is that you can basically just plop all of the ingredients into a blender in advance, give it a quick whiz, pour the mixture into four different jars and place in the fridge to allow it to thicken up.
Instant cool and refreshing summer breakfast.
AND it also contains the protein, whole grains and fruit, which I’m always recommending at breakfast time for proper balance.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my oatmeal hot, but sometimes on a super humid, sweat-dripping-off-my-forehead summer morning, all that steaminess gives me a hot flash.
And I’m not even at that stage of life yet!
That’s where overnight oats come into play because they cool you down rather than heat you up.
Now that I’m thinking about hot flashes, it would actually be a perfect breakfast for those women who are going through “that stage.”
Plus, who doesn’t feel like a pina colada for breakfast?!
It quickly became a very popular breakfast in my house.
Hope it becomes a favourite of yours too!
More similar recipes
- Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
- 6 Mason Jar Protein Overnight Oats
- Peach Pie Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Did you make this recipe? Scroll down to leave a rating and review!
Pina Colada Overnight Oats
- 1 ½ cups crushed pineapple fresh or canned
- 1 medium banana sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder optional
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Top with sprinkle of unsweetened coconut diced pineapple and a drizzle of honey (optional)
- In a blender, add pineapple, banana, Greek yogurt, milk and protein powder (optional) and process until smooth.
- Add coconut flakes, oats, chia seeds and give a few pulses, just enough to combine. Divide between 4 glass jars with a lid, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Stir before serving and adjust thickness with milk if desired. Enjoy chilled or warm (place jar in a bowl with warm water for 10 minutes).
- Top with diced pineapple and a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut, if desired.
- Storage Instructions: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)