These fudgey chocolate brownie cups are flourless, portion-controlled and contain only four simple ingredients. Plus, they’re packed full of protein and have no added sugar! There’s so much chocolatey goodness in every bite, you’d never guess that they’re healthy!
I have a confession to make.
I absolutely LOVE anything that is rich, fudgy and chocolately.
When I’m presented with a dessert menu, I will almost ALWAYS choose the richest, fudgiest thing on the menu.
I’m not even joking.
Although I’m always preaching about healthy eating, I also understand that it’s important to have balance for both myself and others.
Since dessert is a weakness for me, one of my long term strategies for staying fit is to have healthier treats throughout the week so that I don’t feel deprived.
And then, once a week on our date night, I’ll have the real deal (usually a slice of rich fudgey cake!)
I find that this strategy helps keep me on track.
Now I’ve talked about my love for energy balls before and have also posted some different protein cup recipes. Both of these options are great if you have a sweet tooth, AND they also contain nutrients like protein, fibre and healthy fats to keep you feeling full for longer. So really, it’s a win win situation!
Well today, I’m excited to share a new healthier treat option with you.
These 4-ingredient chocolate brownie cups!
These things are seriously amazing and you’d never guess that they’re healthy.
There are a few reasons why I love these cups:
- There is no added sugar because they’re naturally sweetened with bananas.
- They are super rich and fudgey so they taste incredibly decadent (even though they’re not).
- They contain fibre, protein and healthy fats, so they make a healthy and filling snack or dessert option.
- They only contain FOUR simple ingredients so they can be prepared in a pinch.
- They’re portion-controlled since you bake them in silicone cups which can be frozen for a quick and easy grab and go snack. Perfect for busy moms!
As mentioned above, I LOVE to make up a big batch of these brownies using silicone baking cups which are awesome to bake with because they not only create the perfect portion-controlled brownie cup, BUT also, the brownies don’t stick! Nothing is worse than making up a batch of brownies and half of the brownie sticks to the pan.
Uggghh. SO frustrating. Not only do you lose a good chunk of the delicious brownie, but it also makes the clean up a lot harder.
By using these cups, you don’t even have to worry about cutting the brownies evenly. Huge bonus!
For these reasons, I am a huge fan of my silicone baking cups. They’re also really versatile and I’ve used them for other recipes too like my Fudgey Almond Protein Cups , Trail Mix Energy Cups and even meatloaf muffins!
They work like a charm and are so easy to clean!
So that’s enough talk about the silicone cups (can you tell I love them??)
Once the brownies are baked, you can either keep them in the silicone cup or pop them out easily and store them in a large Ziploc bag in the freezer. That way if you get a sudden urge for something sweet, don’t have time to make a snack or you’re on the run, they’re right there ready to eat!
And really, who wouldn’t want a fudgey brownie cup for a snack??
I mean, c’mon.
I definitely wouldn’t pass that up!
For these cups, I’ve tried both the Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein Powder and Genuine Health Fermented Vegan Protein Powder and both worked really well for this recipe. These are both vegan options, so they’re also great for those with dietary restrictions.
I wouldn’t, however, recommend using a whey protein powder as sometimes it develops a funky texture when baked. If you don’t have protein powder, you could always try leaving it out (although I haven’t personally experimented with this yet), but the protein content will be lower.
If you have a sweet tooth and like quick and easy snacks that are portable, then I highly recommend you try out these brownie cups. And let me know what you think!
What’s your favourite healthier dessert?
More similar recipes
- Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
- Fluffy Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- Almond Flour Brownies
- Chickpea Brownies
- No-Sugar Added Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes
- Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
- Protein Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Nice Cream
4-Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Brownie Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the bananas until smooth (it’s okay if there are still some lumps of banana). Mix the almond butter into the mashed bananas.
- Next, mix in the protein powder and cocoa powder until all ingredients are well combined.
- Arrange 8 silicone baking cups in a muffin tin. Using a spoon and spatula, divide mixture evenly between baking cups.
- Bake the brownie cups for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. They will seem soft when they first come out of the oven but will firm up once cooled. Serve them at room temperature, cold or slightly warm.
Adapted from: The Big Man’s World
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)