This vegan falafel wrap is packed with of colour, flavour and nutrients! Whip up a batch of falafels ahead of time and assemble these wraps throughout the week for a quick, easy and healthy meatless meal! Vegan, dairy-free, & gluten-free.
A falafel wrap makes for a delicious plant-based meal and is especially perfect if you’re looking to switch it up and cut back on your meat intake. This vibrant wrap is filled with nutritious ingredients like beets, carrots, avocado, baby spinach, hummus and falafels for the ultimate nutrient-packed lunch or dinner.
This wrap recipe was originally inspired by the most delicious falafel wrap EVER that I tried at a local vegan cafe. The best part is, it can easily be made at home with a few simple ingredients!
For the purpose of this recipe, I used these homemade falafels, which are simple to prepare and can be made in advance for a quick meal that you can assemble in a flash!
Reasons to Love this Falafel Wrap Recipe
I just can’t find enough words to describe these wraps. We love them for so many reasons!
- Packed with nutrients: There are so many nutrients from all of the colourful vegetables ranging from vitamins A, C, E, and K to potassium and iron. Plus the tortilla, falafels and hummus add a dose of fibre and protein to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Can be prepared in advance: Make up a batch of the falafels in advance so that all you have to do is assemble the wrap when ready to serve!
- Beautiful presentation: I mean, check out those colours. How pretty are they?! This falafel wrap recipe would be the perfect lunch option for serving up to guests!
- Delicious: There are so many different flavours and textures in these wraps. It’s basically a party in your mouth.
At the end of the day, you really can’t go wrong with this gorgeous and tasty meatless option!
How to Make this Vegan Falafel Wrap
There are a few steps involved in making these wraps, but the good news is that there are several things that you can do in advance to help simplify the process, including making the hummus and falafels ahead of time. You can also use store-bought if desired.
To start, spread a thin layer of hummus all over a large tortilla leaving about an inch around the edge, to add some flavour and act as a glue to keep all of the ingredients in place.
Next, place each of the ingredients in strips across the wrap.
- Baby spinach
- Shredded carrot
- Shredded beet
- Sliced avocado
- Crumbled falafel
It should resemble a rainbow.
Next, carefully and tightly roll up the wrap and secure it with two toothpicks to prevent the contents from falling out.
Finally, take a nice big bite to get all of those amazing flavours in your mouth all at once.
Not surprisingly, it turned out just as good, if not better, than the wrap from the cafe!
What type of falafels should I use?
For the purpose of this recipe, I used my own homemade falafel recipe, but you can feel free to sub in your favourite homemade or store-bought falafels.
What type of hummus should I use?
I’ve tried several different types of hummus with these wraps, both homemade and store-bought, and each time, they turned out equally delicious.
In terms of flavour, you can use regular hummus or try a flavoured hummus like roasted garlic or this Sweet Potato Hummus!
How long do these falafel wraps last in the fridge?
You can keep the assembled wraps in the fridge for up to three days, making them perfect for meal prep. Once they’re all prepared, you can just grab and go!
Or if you prefer, you can keep the falafels, hummus and vegetables separate in the fridge and assemble right before you’re ready to serve.
- For a really quick and easy meal, I recommend making up a bunch of the falafels in advance so that you can enjoy this tasty and nutrient packed wrap for lunch or dinner all throughout the week!
- Similarly you can make up a batch of hummus in advance, or purchase it pre-made.
- Be sure to tightly roll up the wrap and secure it with two toothpicks to prevent the contents from falling out. This could potentially be a very messy wrap, so you’ll need those toothpicks to help keep it intact.
- Use 100% whole-grain tortillas for a higher fibre option. You can also sub in a gluten-free tortilla if desired.
More delicious meatless recipes:
- Chickpea Veggie Burgers
- Vegetarian Quesadillas
- Vegan Black Bean Tostadas
- Healthy Pasta Salad
- Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Best Black Bean Burgers
- Black Bean & Brown Rice Meal Prep Bowls
Did you make this recipe? Scroll down to leave a rating and review!
Rainbow Vegan Falafel Wrap
- Divide hummus evenly and spread across each of the four wraps, leaving about an inch around the edge.
- Starting from the left of each wrap, add a strip of baby spinach, sliced avocado, shredded beets, shredded carrot and two crumbled falafels. Roll the wrap tightly, ensuring that all the ingredients stay in the tortilla.
- Secure with toothpicks and slice wrap in half. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was originally posted on May 7, 2018, but was updated June 23, 2020 to include more helpful recommendations and tips!
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)