This shrimp dish is packed full of flavour with its delicious creamy coconut tomato sauce. Serve it on a bed of brown rice or quinoa for the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal! Paleo, gluten-free & dairy-free.
Lately the shrimp has been on sale, so I’ve been doing lots of experimenting with new shrimp recipes.
The recipe I’m posting today has been a top pick of mine for several years.
The thing that I love the most about this meal is that it’s SO easy.
But don’t allow the simplicity to fool you…it’s still packed full of amazing flavour!
Although you probably wouldn’t think of pairing diced tomatoes with coconut milk, believe me, it totally works. The end result is this rich, creamy and delicious sauce, which leads me to my confession…… sometimes I drink the remaining sauce out of the bowl when no one is looking.
It’s THAT good.
I love pairing this dish with some brown rice or quinoa to help absorb some of that amazing sauce.
Can you tell I just love that sauce?? It’s a great weeknight meal because it hardly takes any time at all to whip together! And you know I’m all about those quick and easy recipes ;)
This one is a keeper for sure!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
More Easy Seafood Recipes
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Chili Lime Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Thai Shrimp Curry Soup
- Fish with Easy Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Creamy Dairy-Free Salmon Florentine
- Mayo-Free Creamy Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- Almond & Coconut Crusted Fish Sticks
- Mini Salmon Dill Cakes
- Parmesan Crusted Cod
Did you make this recipe? Scroll down to leave a rating and review!
Shrimp in Creamy Coconut Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers sliced thinly
- 4 scallions thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- One handful parsley chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- salt optional, to taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 can no salt-added diced tomatoes 796mL
- 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil on low. Add red peppers and sauté until they start to soften (about 4-5 minutes). Add scallion whites, parsley, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk and salt to taste, if desired. Cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken slightly.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes. Add lime juice.
- Serve with a side of brown rice or quinoa and garnish with remaining green onion and additional parsley, if desired.
Adapted from Skinnytaste