Looking for the perfect burger recipe? These Roasted Garlic & Feta Chicken Burgers are one of my all-time favourite recipes because they are so healthy, juicy and flavourful! Serve these burgers up at your next gathering and everyone will be requesting the recipe — guaranteed!
There’s something about the smell of garlic roasting in the oven that just makes me so hungry! And then when you add the taste of oozy cheese, it’s just straight up hard to resist.
I introduce you to one of my favourite burgers with just the right combination of roasted garlic and melty cheese. I originally made these for Father’s day one year and they were a huge hit, so I thought I would bring this famous recipe out again just in time for BBQ season.
The amazing thing about these burgers is that they also incorporate spinach, which not only adds moisture but also an extra dose of nutrients like fibre, vitamin K and folate!
AND they’re made with extra lean ground chicken, so they’re lower in saturated fat than your typical burger.
I swear, you don’t even miss the beef with all of the other amazing flavours happening in this burger.
Eat it plain or top it up with some avocado, tomato slices or tzatziki to give it more of a Greek flair.
Roasted Garlic & Feta Chicken Burgers
- 1 bag baby spinach 6 ounces
- 5 cloves roasted garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra-lean ground chicken
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt optional
- black pepper to taste
- 5 whole grain hamburger buns
- Extra olive oil for oiling the BBQ and brushing the buns before toasting
- Mixed greens
- Tomato slices
- Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place garlic cloves in a baking dish and drizzle olive oil over cloves. Roast in oven for about 10 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the spinach to a frying pan and flip it a couple of times with tongs. Turn the heat off, cover and let it sit for 2 minutes. Remove the lid, flip a couple more times. Put the lid back on and leave for 1 more minute. Use the tongs to gently transfer the spinach to a colander. Squeeze the water out of the spinach and let it rest until room-temperature.
- Roughly chop the wilted spinach and garlic so that you can more easily mix it in with the ground chicken. Add it to a mixing bowl with the chicken, feta, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Gently but thoroughly mix everything together until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed. Form into 5 burger patties that are at least ¾ of an inch thick. Place the formed patties onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and let it rest in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes. This will help prevent the burgers from falling apart on the grill.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Soak a wadded paper towel generously with olive oil and use tongs to rub it over the clean grill grates, heavily oiling them. Ease the burger patties onto the grill and do not move them for 6 minutes, leaving the cover of the grill open. After 6 minutes, flip the burgers just once and let them continue to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the burgers release from the grill and the interior temperature of the thickest part of the burgers reaches 165°F. Transfer the burgers to a clean plate.
- Brush each of the insides of the buns with olive oil and toast them directly on the grill just until they have grill marks. Use tongs or a spatula to transfer the buns to a clean plate or baking sheet. Garnish and serve!
And don’t forget to download my FREE grilling guide here, along with all my other free printables and resources!
Love this recipe? Pin for later!