Looking for the perfect burger recipe? These Roasted Garlic & Feta Chicken Burgers are one of my all-time favourite recipes because they are so healthy, juicy and flavourful! Serve these burgers up at your next gathering and everyone will be requesting the recipe — guaranteed!
There’s something about the smell of garlic roasting in the oven that just makes me so hungry! And then when you add the taste of oozy cheese, it’s just straight up hard to resist.
I introduce you to one of my favourite burgers with just the right combination of roasted garlic and melty cheese. I originally made these for Father’s day one year and they were a huge hit, so I thought I would bring this famous recipe out again just in time for BBQ season.
The amazing thing about these burgers is that they also incorporate spinach, which not only adds moisture but also an extra dose of nutrients like fibre, vitamin K and folate!
AND they’re made with extra lean ground chicken, so they’re lower in saturated fat than your typical burger.
I swear, you don’t even miss the beef with all of the other amazing flavours happening in this burger.
Eat it plain or top it up with some avocado, tomato slices or tzatziki to give it more of a Greek flair.
Chicken Feta Burgers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place garlic cloves in a baking dish and drizzle olive oil over cloves. Roast in oven for about 10 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. Add spinach to pan and toss frequently until wilted, about 4-5 minutes. Use the tongs to gently transfer the spinach to a colander. Squeeze the water out of the spinach and let it rest until room-temperature.
- Roughly chop the wilted spinach and garlic so that you can more easily mix it in with the ground chicken. Add it to a mixing bowl with the chicken, feta, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Gently but thoroughly mix everything together until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed. Form into 5 burger patties that are at least ¾ of an inch thick.**
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Soak a wadded paper towel generously with olive oil and use tongs to rub it over the clean grill grates, heavily oiling them. Ease the burger patties onto the grill and do not move them for 6 minutes, leaving the cover of the grill open. After 5-6 minutes, flip the burgers and let them continue to cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until the burgers release from the grill and the interior temperature of the thickest part of the burgers reaches 165°F. Transfer the burgers to a clean plate.
- Serve the burgers on a bun, salad or lettuce wrap. Garnish and serve!
- Use frozen spinach cubes to simplify recipe. Simply defrost 6 frozen spinach cubes in fridge overnight or in microwave and strain any additional water. Add to chicken burger mixture and combine.
- Roast garlic in advance to save time when preparing recipe.
- Mix burger mixture with hands to ensure ingredients are well incorporated. You can coat your hands in olive oil to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Don’t over mix, as it may cause the burgers to dry out. Instead, mix until just combined, and then form into patties
- Make a thumbprint in the middle of the each patty to keep the burgers from puffing up on the grill.
- To help the burgers stay together on the grill, you may wish to freeze the patties for 20-30 minutes to help them firm up. I've never had an issue with them falling apart on the grill, but it can be a helpful tip if you want to take extra precaution before grilling.
And don’t forget to download my FREE grilling guide here, along with all my other free printables and resources!
Love this recipe? Pin for later!