Looking for an easy weeknight meal? This Parmesan Crusted Cod can be prepared in less than 20 minutes, but tastes like a dish you’d get at a restaurant! A family favourite fish recipe!
Are you prepared for the most tasty fish recipe EVER? Because that’s what this Parmesan Crusted Cod is. Absolutely mouthwatering.
The fish is topped with a crunchy panko parmesan crust infused with lemon zest and fresh parsley. Does that not sound amazing?!
It’s a cinch to prepare and the fish tastes like something that you’d order at a restaurant.
It’s seriously good stuff and makes for such a light and healthy meal!
Why this cod fish recipe should be added to your menu
- It’s simple. Minimal ingredients are required to produce this super tasty fish recipe.
- A source of lean protein. White fish just so happens to be naturally low in fat and is a great source of protein with 24 grams of protein per serving.
- A quick and easy meal. How many meals can you prepare in less than 20 minutes? Answer: Not many.
- Delicious. This baked fish recipe tastes like something you would get in a restaurant. The crust is so flavourful!
- It’s baked, not fried, making for a much heart healthier option. And the best part is, the baking still results in a nice crunchy topping!
- Beautiful presentation. Not only does this cod recipe taste good, but it also presents really well and looks plain tasty when it comes out of the oven. It would make a great dish to serve to guests!
Ingredients Required for Panko Parmesan Crust
The crust only requires a few simple ingredients to make for one flavour-infused crunchy topping!
- Panko bread crumbs
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Lemon zest
- Garlic powder
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to Make Baked Cod With Panko
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine the panko, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper
- Add the olive oil and toss to combine. The mixture should have a crumbly appearance.
- Arrange the cod fillets on the baking sheet and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Divide the panko topping among the fillets, pressing lightly so that it adheres.
- Place the fish in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned and the fish is mostly opaque (just cooked through), with a trace of translucence in the center.
Chef’s Tip – I recommend cutting into a piece to double check.
Keep in mind that the cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish fillets. Serve the fish up immediately while it’s warm and the crust is nice and crunchy.
How To Make This Breaded Cod Recipe Even Easier
If you’re looking for the ultimate simple weeknight meal, then I suggest making the panko parmesan crust mixture in advance so that it’s all ready to go. Just make sure that you store it in the fridge to keep it fresh.
Then, when that busy weeknight rolls around, all that you have to do is distribute the topping on the fish fillets and bake.
Doesn’t get much easier than that!
How to Store Leftovers
You can store the remaining fish in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Can I use another type of fish other than cod?
Definitely! The panko parmesan crust mixture would taste delicious on any type of white fish.
If you don’t have cod on hand or prefer the taste of another fish, feel free to experiment with sole, halibut, haddock, tilapia, or your other favourite fish.
This recipe would work well with any of those options!
Once again, you may have to adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness of the fillet.
What to serve with this baked cod with panko and parmesan
This fish recipe pairs well with so many different sides. Try out any of the following!
- Creamy Cranberry & Walnut Coleslaw
- Cinnamon Paprika Sweet Potato Fries
- 5-Ingredient Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- Brown rice
- Steamed or roasted broccoli
Looking for other delicious and simple recipes?
Check these out:
Did you make this recipe? Scroll down to leave a rating and review!
Parmesan Baked Cod With Panko
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the panko, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and toss to combine.
- Arrange the cod fillets on the baking sheet and season all over with salt and pepper. Divide the panko topping among the fillets, pressing lightly so that it adheres.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned and the fish is mostly opaque (just cooked through), with a trace of translucence in the center (cut into a piece to check). Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fillets. Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)