These lean chicken meatloaf muffins make the perfect healthy meal that’s packed full of protein. Cook up a batch and freeze for a quick and healthy meal or snack!
I’ve gotta tell you something.
I’m not much of a morning person.
It’s not that I necessarily have huge issues getting up…
Well, I take that back.
Some mornings my bed is just soooo comfy that I want to lie there and never get up. Especially in the winter.
When it’s freezing. But let’s not go there…
My point is, I’m not one to hit snooze over and over again. Usually five minutes after my alarm clock goes off, I can pull myself out of bed. But for some reason, I just can’t seem to move very fast.
I’ve assessed this many many times and I’ve reached the conclusion that I’m just slow in the morning.
I like to putz around.
Unfortunately, when trying to fit in a full-time job, a work out 4-5 times per week, driving 3 hours every other weekend to see my boyfriend, running a blog (among the 50 million other things I have to do), I just can’t afford to putz.
That’s where my famous Meatloaf muffins come in.
Meatloaf muffins are my lifesaver when it comes to prepping quick and healthy meals.
Plain and simple.
I’ve eaten them for lunch, dinner, snacks and even breakfast sometimes.
It’s just that quick source of get-in-my-belly type of protein. You know what I mean, right?
Believe me, if it wasn’t for my precious meatloaf muffins, I’d be scrambling around like a madwoman every morning (more than I already do).
And let me tell ya. You’re not the first one to receive this recipe. This recipe has been around.
I’ve given it to athletes, clients, my mom, my dad, my boyfriend, friends, AND I make it for road trips. You name it. I’ve done it. And It’s MY personal secret for getting a quick dose of protein when I don’t have time to cook big elaborate meals.
Plus, they’re perfectly portion-controlled!
Aren’t they cute?
I’m going to be honest here. Sometimes, I find that just plain old chicken breasts can be rather tasteless and choke-it-down DRY. These little meatloaf muffins are a tasty alternative to those dry-as-the-desert chicken breasts, while still being a lean protein option.
Usually I make a batch of these muffins and freeze them and it pretty much lasts all week! Well only if you don’t eat them all at once. Which is tempting, but not recommended.
More similar recipes
- Zucchini Chicken Poppers
- Beef & Quinoa BBQ Meatloaf Muffins
- Mini Turkey Apple Meatloaf Muffins
- Chicken Avocado Poppers
Did you make this recipe? Scroll down to leave a rating and review!
Lean Meat Loaf Muffins
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup low fat milk or milk alternative
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce plus more to sprinkle on top
- 1 lb extra-lean ground chicken breast
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine oats and milk in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix well. Let stand for 3 minutes or until oats are softened.
- Stir in hot sauce until well mixed. Add chicken, carrots, onion, eggs, and salt. With fork, mix ingredients well.
- Divide chicken mixture into muffin cups filling 2/3 way full.Top each muffin with marinara sauce. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)