Looking for some entertaining and decorating ideas for your Thanksgiving gatherings? This post is full of tips for decor and food and also includes free thanksgiving chalkboard printables for a rustic Autumn-themed gathering!
A few weeks ago, I got all inspired to create some super cute Pumpkin Spice printables, and at the same time, I also decided on a whim to create some rustic chalkboard Thanksgiving printables.
Clearly, I was feeling the Fall vibes.
Now that Fall is officially here, it’s time to start decorating for those autumn parties and gatherings with family and friends. I always love the Fall season because there are so many different options to spruce up your table from fresh fruits and vegetables (like apples and pumpkins) to cute printables.
I always find that the whole chalkboard look pairs nicely with the Fall season since it gives off a rustic vibe, so I’ve created a whole bunch of free printables that you can use when entertaining or even as everyday Fall decor!
You can find some tips on how to incorporate these printables below!
The first printable that I created is this “Let our lives be full of thanks & giving” printable (you can download it HERE). It works out beautifully as Fall decor since it has that rustic chalkboard appearance and goes along perfectly with the “thankful” chalkboard banner pictured above.
Just in case you want to get all matchy-matchy like that.
Personally, I really like sticking to a theme when decorating a table for an event or party. It just makes it all appear more cohesive!
I initially got inspired to create this printable when I was walking through Home Sense (my favourite place!!) and saw these words written on a candle. The words really resonated with me because they’re so simple, yet still so meaningful.
Although, at this time of year, we all tend to get caught up in the turkey and pumpkin pie, at the end of the day, we all need that reminder that life is all about being grateful for what we have and giving of ourselves to others.
This printable serves as a great reminder!
Tips for the Thanksgiving Printable:
- Simply print out the printable and trim the edges to fit your frame. I used an 8×10-inch frame.
- To ensure that the printable fits perfectly in the frame, simply remove the glass insert and set it in the middle of the printable. Trace around the edges with a pencil. It acts like a ruler and helps you cut a straight line! You can do it freehand, of course, but I prefer using the method above to ensure the cut is straight. Once you’ve drawn your lines around the edges, cut along the line. Secure the printable into the frame.
- Set up the framed printable on your party table to add to the rustic appearance. It looks great in a rustic frame along with rustic accents and a pop of colour from some apples or pumpkins! Alternatively, you could hang it on the wall if you choose to do a different set-up or simply use it as everyday fall-themed home decor. It’s really versatile!
Thankful Chalkboard Banner
The second printable is this Thankful chalkboard banner, which you can download HERE.
Tips for the ‘Thankful’ Chalkboard Banner:
- Simply print out the ‘thankful’ banner letters. I like to print them out on white card stock paper to make it more durable.
- Cut out around the outer edge of each circle.
- Next, using a hole puncher, punch holes on the left and right side of each circle, about an inch from the edge (TIP: stack all of the banner pieces on top of each other and cut the holes at the same time so they all line up).
- Cut your ribbon to the appropriate length and string through holes until all of the banner pieces are strung to the ribbon. I like to insert the ribbon from front to back so that you don’t see the ribbon across the front of each banner piece.
- Hang banner on front edge of table using tape to adhere each end to the table. You could also hang it up on the wall or across a fireplace mantel as well.
Mini Thankful Printables:
Last but not least, I created these mini thankful chalkboard printables (download them HERE) and the options are really endless with these cute accents.
Tips for the ‘thankful’ Printables:
- Cut the mini printables out around the edge of each image and stick them to toothpick to create little toothpick toppers. Simply poke them into any food items that you might be serving for a cute autumn-themed look. They would be cute poked into little energy balls, cups or fall-themed appetizers.
- Alternatively, you could stick them to straws and serve them along with a smoothie or whatever autumn-themed beverage you might be serving.
- Or glue them to blank cards to make your own DIY party invitations.
For my thanksgiving-themed party, I poked them into these flourless apple muffins, but you could also poke them into apples too!
What about the food?
Now that we’ve established some decor ideas, let’s talk food!
Here are some ideas of what you could serve at your Fall Thanksgiving party:
- Flourless Apple Muffins
- Apple Nachos
- No-Bake Apple Crumble
- Apple Spiced Tea
- No-Bake Apple Pie Cups
- A basket of fresh apples
Other Party Ideas:
- Keep the decor simple by using fresh seasonal apples to spruce up the table. They’re budget-friendly, add a nice pop of colour, and also serve as a healthy and delicious snack.
- For some additional DIY decor, you can cut out heart shapes in red apples (I used Gala) using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter. Simply press the cookie cutter firmly into the side of the apple until a heart shape is formed. Remove the cookie cutter from the apple. If the heart does not come out with the cookie cutter, gently poke the tip of a knife around the edge and dig the heart out. Next, cut a slice off the side of a green apple (about an inch thick). Place the same heart-shaped cookie cutter into the green apple slice and pull out to remove the heart. Stick the green apple heart into the side of the red apple where you just removed the heart and push in to secure. You may need to trim the bottom side of the heart so that it looks uniform with the rest of the apple.
- You could also use these DIY Mason Jar Overnight Oats with free printable chalkboard labels as party favours or as a hostess gift! They’re easy to make and are also shelf-stable so they can be made weeks in advance. There are 6 different flavours to choose from. Make all different flavours, or make them all the same. One of my favourites is the Apple Pie flavour and it’s really appropriate for the Fall and Thanksgiving theme!
Now that we’ve established the decor and food, let’s put it all together.
Here’s a full list of what you need to create your own Thanksgiving Party:
- A table or hutch
- A fall wreath or fall-themed sign
- A basket of fresh apples
- Ribbon to string banner (I used 1/4 inch white ribbon with gold trim)
- Pretty Cupcake holders or muffin liners
- A pretty cupcake or cake tray
- Mason jar cups or mugs
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Small white serving plates
- 8×10 inch picture frame
- DIY ‘Thankful Banner’
- Mini ‘thankful’ printables
- ‘Let our lives be filled with thanks & giving’ Printable
- DIY Mason Jar Overnight Oats with Printable Chalkboard Labels
How do you plan on using these Thanksgiving printables? Let me know in the comments below!
Happy party planning!
Love this idea? Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)