This DIY project transforms a meaningful card with a heart into a pretty print that you can display in your home! Beautiful for a bedroom or office space!
Over the past few years, my mom and I started the tradition of buying the prettiest cards possible for each other on special occasions.
Because you can frame them afterwards and make some super pretty prints for your home! Rather than shove the card in a box in the basement never to be seen again, why not make it into a pretty print that can be displayed for all to see!
Take this Hallmark card for example.
It had “super cute print “written all over it, so I couldn’t help but purchase it after eyeing it for a few weeks in the store. I also had some white & silver chevron washi tape kicking around that was leftover from my wedding. When I held the chevron tape up to the card, I thought it would make the perfect border!
A match made in heaven.
This print is now one of my favourite little accessories in my office!
Here are the supplies I used to assemble the print:
- White 5×7″ Picture Frame (I got mine at Home Sense)
- Hallmark Signature Jeweled Heart Valentine’s Day Card (or any pretty card of choice)
- White & Silver Metallic Chevron Washi Tape or Washi tape of choice (I got mine from Michael’s)
- Double-sided taped
1.Take the glass out of the picture frame, and cut four small pieces of double-sided tape. Turn the card so the back of the card is facing upwards and stick the tape to each of the four corners on the card.
2. Stick the card to the front of the glass, ensuring that the four corners line up with the corners of the glass and the card is straight. Next, place washi tape around the edge of the card so that it forms a border and secures the card it to the glass.
3.Next, take the back off the picture frame. Insert the card stuck to the glass into the frame. Place the back onto the frame so that the glass and card are secure. You now have a gorgeous card print to put on display. Such a nice way to showcase your favourite cards!
More DIY projects
- DIY Ornament Wreath
- DIY Free Printable Tropical Party Banner
- DIY Wooden Crate Shelf
- DIY Decorative Tin Can Vases
- DIY Glitter House
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)