This DIY free printable tropical party banner makes a cute and vibrant decoration for summer parties and gatherings. Hang it on the party table, fireplace mantel or wall to add some tropical vibes to any room!
If you’ve been following along with me over the last little while, you’ll probably remember my DIY bunny banner that I posted several months ago. I have loved this thing ever since I set my eyes on it.
In fact, I loved the bunny banner SO MUCH that I kept it up on the fireplace mantel until half way through June! I totally realize that Easter was in March this year, but I was in serious denial that it came and went by SO fast. Besides, who says you can only have bunny decor at Easter?!
I’ll admit, I was a little sad to take down the bunny banner because it added so many happy feels to the room…so much so, that I decided to create ANOTHER banner to take its place. It’s equally vibrant and happy, but has more of a tropical vibe so it’s perfect for the summer season!
Plus, it makes for such budget-friendly decor!
Isn’t it cute?
There are so many different ways to use this banner.
Right now, I have it hanging on my fireplace mantel along with my summer vibes printable (yup, another freebie!!), big golden pineapple and cactus (from Home Sense, of course — my all-time favourite store) to really bring the tropical theme to life in the living room. After all, when you’re home with your baby all day and don’t live in a tropical area, why not bring the beach into your house?! It makes you feel like you’re on vacation everyday!
You could also set it up on your party table for a summer or tropical-themed party (more to come on this next week)!
You could even just simply print out the pineapple triangles and create an all pineapple banner.
OR alternatively, you could just print out the flamingo triangles and create an all flamingo banner.
OR, you could do what I did, and print out about 2-3 of each and alternate them to add a fresh burst of colour to the party table (or room of choice)!
Did I give you too many options?
What to do, what to do….
At the end of the day, I think all of these options would be AMAZING, so feel free to play around with it! And this banner is not hard to make at all because I’ve already done the design for you!
All you have to do is download it and print it out below, punch a few holes, loop some ribbon through the banner triangles, and hang this baby up!
To make it even easier, I’ve listed the required supplies to bring this banner to life!
- Printer with coloured ink
- Printable pineapple and flamingo banner triangles
- Cardstock paper (using colour of choice – try white, blush, pastel blue or yellow!)
- Hole punch
- Ribbon (I used a white organza ribbon)
- Print out the desired number of pineapple and/or flamingo banner triangles. Cut them out along the line (I used 6 triangles for my banner).
- Next, get your hole puncher and punch one hole in each of the upperhand corners of each banner triangle, about an inch away from the top. These holes will be used to loop the ribbon through to hang up the banner.
- Loop the ribbon through the holes until all of the triangles are attached to the ribbon. I like to poke the ribbon through the hole in the front and run it along the back so that it’s not visible when hanging.
- Use tape to secure each end; hang the banner across the party table, fireplace mantel, on the wall or wherever you desire!
Hope this banner adds some colour and happiness into your life!
Love this idea? Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)