This DIY flower bunny banner makes a super cute and pretty decoration for Easter. Hang it on the fireplace mantel or wall to add some Spring vibes to any room!
Do you ever see something really pretty and get this sudden wave of inspiration to transform it into a DIY project? Well that’s EXACTLY what happened with this DIY bunny banner.
How pretty is this?!
I was scrolling through Instagram several weeks ago (one of my favourite places to get inspired along with Pinterest, of course) and came across the prettiest bunny banner of all times from the Decorator Diva. She has gorgeous style if you’d like to check her out. What caught my eye is that the banner was classy, and not corny like a lot of the other Easter décor out there.
FYI — I had serious issues with the Easter bunny when I was a kid, so I try to avoid creepy looking Easter bunnies at all costs.
Now as I mentioned in my Spring decorating post, I typically don’t decorate for Spring, probably because most years I never seem to have the time to pull it all together when I’m working full-time.
This year though is different. Since I’m on maternity leave, I’m taking FULL advantage of the extra time at home to work on all the projects that I’ve been inspired by in the past. And I am LOVING it!
Like take this bunny banner for instance. As soon as I set my eyes on it, I knew that I had to make it. So of course, that week I went on a mission to gather the supplies that I would need to recreate this masterpiece.
I found these metallic silver banner triangles at Michaels, which made it super easy, but you could always cut out triangles from scrap book paper too if you wanted to change up the pattern on the banner. I chose to go with silver to go along with the silver accessories in my living room.
The bunny template, I adapted from Simply Sprout. You can find the adapted PDF printable file that I used at the end of the post!
For the bunny tails, I was originally planning on using big white pom poms or cotton balls, but then I came across these cute white paper flowers at the dollar store and thought they would make ADORABLE bunny tails. It turned out exactly how I envisioned it. Don’t you just love when that happens??
And the best part is, once you make this bunny banner, you can hang it up year after year. Don’t have to fuss around wondering how you’re going to decorate for Easter. AND it totally solves the I-don’t-have-time-to-decorate-for-Spring dilemma. LOVE it!!!
You can find all of the supplies that I used to create the banner below!
DIY Flower Bunny Banner
- Banner triangles (I used Recollections Craft It Silver Banner triangles from Michaels)
- Bunny template (download below)!
- Double-sided tape or glue
- Glue gun
- One piece of white Bristol board
- Small white paper flowers (I found mine at the dollar store)
- Hole puncher
- Pretty thin white ribbon (approximately ½ inch wide)
- Print out bunny template and cut out around edges of bunny. Stick bunny to white Bristol board with glue or double-sided tape and using a pencil, trace around border of bunny. Cut out bunny. This will provide a more solid stencil to trace the additional bunnies required for the banner onto the Bristol board.
- Use bunny stencil that you created to trace desired number of bunnies for banner (the number required will depend on the length of your banner). I used 9 banner triangles and bunnies and it fit perfectly across my fireplace mantel.
- Next, cut out bunnies that you traced on Bristol board.
- Using double-sided tape or glue, stick the bunnies one at a time onto the middle of each banner triangle.
- Use a glue gun to stick paper flowers onto each of the bunnies’ rear ends. It should look like a tail.
- Next, get your hole puncher and punch two holes in the upper hand corners of each banner triangle. These holes will be used to loop the ribbon through to hang up the banner.
- Loop the ribbon through the holes until all of the triangles with bunnies are attached to the ribbon.
- Hang across the fireplace mantel, on the wall or wherever you desire!
More DIY projects
- DIY Ornament Wreath
- DIY Free Printable Tropical Party Banner
- DIY Wooden Crate Shelf
- DIY Decorative Tin Can Vases
- DIY Glitter House
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)