This Slimmed Down Chicken & Spinach Pizza is packed full of fibre and protein and is much more filling that your typical pizza. Let everyone choose their own toppings for a quick and healthy meal for the whole family!
So let’s talk about pizza.
Who doesn’t love a good pizza? Especially a good pizza that’s good for you?
Unfortunately, many pizzas are loaded with heaps of cheese. Think three cheese deluxe.
Or wrapped with bacon and smothered with a choice of three more meats.
Or loaded with so much greasiness that you need to blot it with a paper towel.
I don’t know about you, but I’m not a big fan of slippery pizza.
And then of course, there’s maybe one mushroom or green pepper to add a bit of colour.
I like to customize my pizza so that there’s a bit of crispiness, some protein to add to the fullness factor, and of course, some veggies for the extra bulk and fibre so that I’m not starving after two slices.
And did I mention ricotta cheese?
Strategically placing ricotta cheese over each slice of pizza is my little secret for adding some creamy decadence without all of the fat associated with dousing the pizza in loads of greasy cheese.
So another thing that I love is a quick and easy meal.
And really, who doesn’t??
Enter the pita pizza.
It’s super handy because it can be made in less than 20 minutes.
I call this the no-excuses pizza because you can make it in just as much time, if not less, than it takes to call the pizza delivery guy.
If your pizza guy is on speed dial, you seriously need to check out this pizza.
More similar recipes
Did you make this recipe? Scroll down to leave a rating and review!
Slimmed Down Chicken & Spinach Pizza
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pita on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over pita. Spread oil evenly over the surface. Top the pita with marinara sauce and spread over the surface, leaving about half an inch around the edge.
- Evenly distribute spinach and ricotta cheese on top of the marinara sauce.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over chopped chicken breast and toss to coat. Distribute chunks of chicken evenly over the pizza.
- Top with a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and crispy. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)