This cashew pesto chicken is easy to make, dairy-free, versatile and packed full of flavour! Serve it with baked sweet potatoes, brown rice, in wraps, or on homemade pizza for a quick and healthy meal!
These days have been super busy in our house with our 3 month old. I can tell that he’s trying to establish a routine for himself, but I’m finding that he still naps at random times and expects me to hold him the majority of the day. I know he’s not going to be little forever so of course I give in.
He is getting better though and becoming a little bit more independent as the days go by, so there IS hope! These days he’ll at least let me put him in his crib to kick around a bit while I get some things done. Baby steps!!!
As you might know, I love experimenting with new recipes, but due to my lack of time to make elaborate meals with a busy baby, I try to keep meal prep super simple. One of my favourite dishes to prepare these days is this cashew pesto chicken.
It is SO easy. And the smell of the pesto…oh my goodness…mouthwatering!
I’ve literally memorized this recipe because I’ve made it so many times already and there’s few enough ingredients in this recipe that you can remember them all after making it only a couple of times!
I love making up a large batch of shredded chicken and doubling the recipe for pesto so that I can cook once and eat twice. Huge time saver and one of my secrets for eating healthier in a pinch throughout the week.
I like to boil the chicken breasts in water or broth and then shred the chicken. It’s my favourite way to make shredded chicken in a pinch and there’s literally no prep time involved.
Or another option is to make a double batch of shredded chicken and incorporate pesto with one half to make one of the meals mentioned above and use the rest of the chicken to make these chicken enchiladas. Three different meal options … for less than 30 minutes of prep time. A-mazing!
This particular version of pesto is also dairy free, but there’s so much flavour packed in this stuff with the garlic and basil, you don’t even miss the parm cheese. I swear this recipe is so good, it’s been on my weekly menu rotation for months now.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do!
Happy meal prepping!
More chicken recipes
- Pesto Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Lemon Chicken Soup
- Curried Pumpkin Chicken Soup
Did you make this recipe? Scroll down to leave a rating and review!
Cashew Pesto Chicken
- 3 cups shredded chicken about 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 batch dairy-free pesto
- To make shredded chicken: Place chicken breasts into pot of rapidly boiling water for 20 minutes or until cooked and no longer pink inside. The water should be covering the chicken breasts by about an inch or so. Once chicken breasts are cooked through, place in a large bowl and shred using two forks.
- Meanwhile place all ingredients for pesto in a food processor and blend until a paste like consistency is formed.
- Mix pesto in with shredded chicken until evenly distributed. Serve in wraps, with rice on pizza or sweet potatoes!
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)