These 10-minute smoked salmon, spinach and egg white wraps make the perfect quick, easy and healthy meal! Packed full of protein and healthy fats, they’re super filling, and also paleo, gluten-free and keto-friendly!
I’ll never forget this breakfast wrap I had at a conference a few years ago. It was a combination of eggs, green onion and smoked salmon and it was seriously one of the most delicious flavour combinations involving eggs that I had ever tried!
Ever since I had my baby, that egg wrap idea has come in handy.
For me, that combination of smoked salmon and eggs is the equivalent of bacon and eggs. I love the slightly salty taste the smoked salmon gives similar to the bacon, but instead of the saturated fat, it provides those heart healthy omega-3s (you can tell how much I love it because I’ve also incorporated it in my 5-ingredient mini egg cups)!
Plus, smoked salmon just makes you feel so classy, don’t you think?
I like to call this my classy mommy lunch. It takes ten minutes to whip up, but it tastes like you’re eating a fancy brunch. Plus, I love it because it can be eaten with one hand! We all know we’ve been in those situations where we’re holding baby in one hand and trying to eat with the other.
And as moms, I think we all need a little extra classy in our lives when we’re busy wiping up messes and changing dirty diapers all day. Right?!
Generally, for lunch I tend to have leftovers from dinner the night before. But every once in a while, I’ll be in a pinch with NO leftovers, like a few weeks ago.
We had gone out for dinner on Sunday night (which we don’t normally do on Sundays) so that meant no leftovers for Monday. My baby was extra fussy that Monday and I was on my own, of course, so I didn’t have much time to whip up lunch for myself.
SO I whipped up my go-to egg white, spinach and smoked salmon wrap.
And yes, I totally ate it with one hand.
I love this wrap for lunch because it’s packed full of protein and healthy fats. I usually just serve it with a big salad and it makes for such a filling and satisfying lunch. Although I usually have it for lunch, you can also eat it for a protein-packed breakfast, dinner or snack too!
And did I mention how versatile it is?!
Not a fan of spinach?
Swap out the spinach for roasted or steamed asparagus or sliced or mashed avocado.
Want to make it vegetarian?
Switch out the smoked salmon for some roasted red peppers and feta (provided you’re lacto-ovo vegetarian)!
Trying to make it kid-friendly?
Switch out the fillings mentioned above for some cheddar cheese and sliced turkey breast or ham!
Want to add more fibre and healthy carbs?
Add a whole-grain wrap under the egg and roll it all up together for an even more filling protein and fibre packed meal!
So many options for this tasty wrap!
Just a few extra tips:
- I recommend using a smaller frying pan if possible to reduce the likelihood of the egg falling apart when you flip it. It makes the egg thicker and stronger for flipping and wrapping. I used an 8-inch skillet.
- Make sure the one side of the egg is cooked enough before flipping it so it doesn’t make a mess! And use cooking spray or oil so that it doesn’t stick. Take it from me — it will be pretty tricky to wrap the egg around those delicious fillings if it’s in bits and pieces!
I’ve definitely learned from experience ;)
Looking for more delicious egg recipes? Check out these:
10-Minute Smoked Salmon, Spinach & Egg White Wraps
- 4 egg whites or 1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites
- 3 green onions finely chopped (use just the green portion)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 oz. smoked salmon
- 1 handful baby spinach
Other optional fillings:
- Feta cheese
- Roasted red pepper
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray or coat with thin layer of oil.
- In a bowl, combine egg whites, green onion, Dijon mustard and pepper and mix well with a fork.
- Pour the mixture into the hot pan and tilt to spread mixture into the circle on the bottom of the pan.
- Allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked enough so that it won't fall apart when flipping.
- Carefully flip with a large spatula and let it cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place egg flat on a plate. Place the smoked salmon and baby spinach In a strip down the centre of the egg (or use other optional fillings).
- Let egg wraps cool slightly and then wrap tightly around fillings. Cut in half or in 1-inch pieces. Serve warm or cold.
Love this recipe? Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my readers :)