This peach and almond crumble makes a delicious dessert and is even healthy enough to serve for breakfast! A vegan option full of healthy fats and fibre, but low in sugar!
Hope you all had a great long weekend!
I can’t believe how smokin’ HOT it was this weekend!
Like probably the hottest it’s been all summer.
As much as the temperatures are still screaming summer, in my mind, I know that fall is just around the corner.
At this time of year, I get this sudden urge to whip up recipes that bring out that warm and fuzzy feeling (even though I feel like dumping a bucket of ice over my head).
It’s just something about September.
Last week, we had a whole bunch of fresh and local peaches, and I was itching to make some kind of peachy recipe.
I started dreaming of autumn apple crisps and crunchy crumbled toppings, and decided, why not make a peach crumble?!
I made the recipe with the intention of creating a healthier dessert, but was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be healthy enough to eat for breakfast too!
Who doesn’t want to eat dessert for breakfast??
Especially a dessert that packs fibre, heart healthy fats and a whole bunch of vitamin A and C!
That’s my kind of breakfast-dessert!
I loved how the flavour of the peaches sweetened up the crumble, to the point where hardly any added sugar was necessary.
Plus, the oat and almond crumbled topping gave it this amazing crunch almost like a granola!
I think my family liked it too because within a day, it was gone.
Technically, the recipe says that it makes 9 servings, which pretty much means that they each had 4.5 servings in one day.
I suggest pacing yourself a little bit more than they did.
Even if you’re scared of running out, it’s easy enough to make again and again.
So please don’t freak out and feel the need to consume it all at once.
It’s really not necessary.
Peach & Almond Crumble
- 5-6 medium peaches diced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- ¾ c old-fashioned oats gluten-free if necessary
- ¼ c oat flour*
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat an 8”square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the diced peaches, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, oat flour, pecans and remaining cinnamon. Add in the honey and coconut oil, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Spread the peach mixture into the prepared pan, and evenly sprinkle the oat mixture on top. Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes, or until the peach juice is bubbling and the oat mixture turns crunchy. Cool completely to room temperature. For best results, let the crumble rest for 2 hours at room temperature before serving to allow juices to thicken.
Love this recipe? Pin for later!