This creamy cauliflower soup is a light and healthy addition to any meal. A delicious way to incorporate an extra serving or two of vegetables into your day! Low carb, vegan, paleo and gluten-free.
So it’s my first week back to work after my week of vacation, and I’m JUST starting to find my groove again.
Yeah..three days later.
It takes me a while.
Vacation has a weird way of messing with my system. This past week, I really just wanted to get caught up on life again.
You know, like do the stuff that I never seem to have quite enough time for.
Working out, testing recipes, shooting recipes, shooting more recipes…sleeping in a bit.
All that good stuff.
My favourite part about last week was having some extra time to test out some new recipes and do photo shoots galore!
One of the recipes that I made was this yummy cauliflower soup.
It’s super healthy because it’s basically just vegetables pureed with a bunch of broth and spices. No cream whatsoever, which makes it into a much lighter version, that’s equally satisfying.
And it’s such a great way to sneak some extra vegetables into the day, ESPECIALLY for those non-veggie lovers.
Because I work with so many picky eaters who don’t like to actually physically chew on vegetables (which boggles my mind!!), I’m constantly trying to find different ways of incorporating some of those extra nutrients into their day.
This cauliflower soup does the trick.
Plus, who doesn’t like a nice warm bowl of soup?!
It’s SO warm and comforting, especially after being out and about in the chilly weather.
As much as I don’t like the cold weather, it’s gonna come whether we like it or not, so might as well make the best of it….with some delicious soup, of course ;)
Low-Carb Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 medium baking potato peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan set over low heat. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and diced potato and cook for one minute, stirring often. Sprinkle the sage, mustard, and celery seed over the vegetables, stir until evenly distributed. Cook for approximately 20 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Pour in broth and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the potato and cauliflower are soft when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a large blender, scraping down the sides as necessary. Return the puree to the saucepan, set over medium heat, and cook just until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Adapted from The Ultimate Weight Solution Cookbook
Love this recipe? Pin for later!