In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, cocoa powder, coffee grounds, and salt.
In a cup or small bowl, mix together the honey, coconut oil, and vanilla until well combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in the coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
Roll mixture into approximately 1-inch balls and dip in additional coconut flakes until well coated. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to allow the balls to firm up. Store in the fridge or freezer for a quick and healthy snack or dessert option.
- If mixture seems too wet or sticky to roll, add some extra oats or coconut one tablespoon at a time until it's easier to form the balls.
- If mixture becomes too sticky while rolling the balls, place it in the fridge for several minutes to allow it to firm up slightly to make it easier to roll into balls.
- This mixture can be a little messy. You may wish to use kitchen gloves when rolling into balls.
- You can make your own oat flour by blending oats in a food processor or blender until they become a fine powder. Just be sure to measure the required amount after blending into flour.
- Use coconut oil at room temperature. It should be soft but not liquidy. If you find it's too liquidy, place in the fridge for several minutes to allow it to firm up before mixing with the honey and vanilla.
- Store these chocolate coconut balls in the fridge or freezer. If left at room temperature, they tend to soften due to the presence of the coconut oil. If you place them in the fridge, they will firm up.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg