For the mango chicken salad
Combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl.
In a mason jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing. Shake or stir until well combined.
Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad (I only used half). Toss until evenly distributed. For best results, allow the salad to sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Use your preferred method when making the shredded chicken. You can cook in in the crockpot, instant pot, boil it in water or use a rotisserie chicken.
- You can use shred your own cabbage or purchase pre-shredded cabbage to save time when making this recipe.
- I find it's best to use a mango that's ripe but still slightly firm as it's much easier to cut. If it's overripe, it will be mushy and difficult to cut into thin slices.
- Allow the Thai mango salad to sit in the dressing for at least half an hour to absorb the flavours. It tastes better the longer that it sits.
- Use desired amount of dressing. I only used half the dressing for this salad. You can reserve the rest of the dressing for another salad or it also tastes great used as a stir fry sauce!
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1150mg | Potassium: 823mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 9895IU | Vitamin C: 94mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 3mg