- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers sliced thinly
- 4 scallions thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- One handful parsley chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- salt optional, to taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 can no salt-added diced tomatoes 796mL
- 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1/2 lime squeezed
In a medium saucepan, heat oil on low. Add red peppers and sauté until they start to soften (about 4-5 minutes). Add scallion whites, parsley, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, coconut milk and salt to taste, if desired. Cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken slightly.
Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes. Add lime juice.
Serve with a side of brown rice or quinoa and garnish with remaining green onion and additional parsley, if desired.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1004mg | Potassium: 677mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2921IU | Vitamin C: 115mg | Calcium: 257mg | Iron: 5mg