- 2 lbs of salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper and place the salmon fillets on the prepared dish. Squeeze lemon juice over salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper.
Next, combine sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, cashews, olive oil, and basil in a food processor and blend together until you achieve a paste-like consistency (there can still be some chunks).
Evenly distribute the pesto over the salmon fillets and bake for 12-16 minutes or until salmon flakes and is cooked through (times may vary depending on thickness of salmon).
- You can purchase salmon with or without the skin on. For fillets with skin, if desired, use a sharp fillet knife to remove the skin from the raw salmon. You can also remove the skin after baking. If any scales are on the skin, scrape them away before baking fish.
- I like to spread the pesto all over the salmon fillets, including the tops and sides to infuse flavour into every bite.
- I usually like to make up a double batch of the pesto and freeze the extras in these Souper Cubes. That way you can pop out the cubes of pesto to thaw them out as you need them. It makes for such a quick and easy dinner when the pesto is already made!
- You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness of the fish fillet. The salmon should be pink and flake easily with a fork. See the FAQ section for a general guide on cooking times for salmon.
- To get the edges brown and crispy, you may wish to broil the fish for the last two minutes of cooking. Just be sure that you don’t place the baking sheet on the top shelf of the oven too close to the broiler or the pesto may burn.
- Don’t overcook the salmon or it will be dry. Always check your fish at the minimum baking time to ensure your baked salmon doesn’t get overcooked.
Calories: 324kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 24gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 141mgPotassium: 827mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 145IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 2mg