- 2 cups finely diced chicken breast (about 2 large cooked chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small apple diced finely
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the creamy sauce:
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup water or more for a thinner consistency
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Allow cashews to soak in water for at least 2 hours. Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a powerful blender.
Mix together the chicken, dried cranberries, apple, pecans, and green onion in a medium bowl.
Add the creamy sauce and toss mixture until everything is coated in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the fridge for later or serve immediately.
- This chicken salad tastes better when it's had a chance to sit in the fridge for a little while. I recommend letting it sit for about a half an hour in the fridge to absorb the flavours and moisture from the cashew cream sauce and allow the cranberries to puff up.
- Adjust the amount of water used for the cashew cream according to personal taste. Start with half a cup of water blended with the cashews and add a bit more if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- To make this recipe super easy, prepare the chicken and cashew cream sauce in advance so that all you have to do is assemble.
- I cut the chicken breasts into small chunks, but you could also shred them if preferred.
- If you're really short on time and don't have time to soak the cashews for 2 hours, you can also boil them for 20 minutes to soften before blending.
Calories: 351kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 20gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 221mgPotassium: 496mgFiber: 4gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 109IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 2mg