These banana bread breakfast cookies are soft, chewy and delicious! As an added bonus, they contain fibre and no added sugar! Whip up a batch for a quick and easy breakfast or snack on-the-go!
These days, I feel like I’m always on the go….whether it’s rushing off to the gym, going to work, or heading off to some weekend event, there always seems to be something happening! I’m not one who likes to go very far without food. If I don’t have my food readily accessible, I’m not a happy person. Plain and simple. So that means I’m constantly trying to come up with new ideas for on-the-go meals. My latest experiment were these banana bread breakfast cookies.
I love that there is absolutely no added sugar since they’re naturally sweetened with applesauce and banana. They’re also packed full of fibre from the oats and healthy omega 3-s from the walnuts. You can also boost the protein by adding a scoop of protein powder! If you’re feeling really decadent, you can even add a few dark chocolate chips for some extra antioxidants. Whip up a batch and take them on the go for a quick and easy breakfast or snack!
Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas mashed until smooth & creamy
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder can be made without, cookie will just be lower in protein
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips optional
- Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed banana & peanut butter until completely combined then add in the applesauce, vanilla protein powder & the vanilla. Mix again until completely combined.
- Add in the oatmeal and walnuts to the banana mixture and stir to combine.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten dough into circles. Press the chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies if desired.
- Bake cookies approx. 20-30 minutes or until golden brown & done. Remove from oven and allow to rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, and then move to cooling rack.
- When cookies are completely cool, store in a covered container. Enjoy!